Skip to main content

My 6 Week Goal

So, I discovered the other day, that although my weight has not changed from what it was a few years ago, the muscle has been replaced with . . . FAT!! Now, I know those of you know know me are thinking "She's so tiny!!" Well. NOT TRUE. I was tiny before I had kids, I was even tinier after Courtney was born, but since I had Jenna, my weight and I have been battling it out. I get into an exercise routine, and something throws it off. Someone once said that you wont truly make a change until it makes you mad. Well, I'm mad. I'm tired of watching my face grow. I'm tired of trying on 10 different outfits because I look bigger. I'm tired of not fitting into the jeans that I wore just last year. Yesterday, this picture really made me mad. I look like I've gained a lot of weight in my face!! YUCK. So I made a goal.


Now, I'm taking initiative. I'm going to do a 6 week challenge with. . . myself. My goal is to be down to 120 in 6 weeks. That's 7.2lbs lighter than I weighed this morning. Anything beyond that that I lose is BONUS POINTS!!! What am I doing, you ask, to lose this weight? I'm eating healthier (again), drinking WAY more water than I have in years, and I'm going to work out every morning (except for Sundays) by doing my Turbo Jam workouts. I LOVE TURBO JAM!! I'm going to go to bed earlier and get up earlier. I'm also going to cut my pop intake down a TON. It's actually easy for me. When I decide to stop drinking so much pop, I do it. I won't stop drinking it altogether. While I won't be "dieting" I will be eating more fresh foods, more protein, and less. . . snacky foods!

This is technically day 2 of my workout plan, but today is my first day of weighing and measuring and intense workout...ing. I feel SO much better. Much more productive, happier. I don't feel sluggish and in a haze like I do normally. I have been going to bed around 11pm (I had been going to bed around 12:30-1:30a). I am getting to the point now where I'm able to be awake enough to pull myself out of bed by 7:30. And before I do anything else, I start my day with devotions and prayer.

If you know me, help keep me motivated. Help me stay on track by asking me how I'm doing. If you're up early, call me at 7:30 to make sure I got (or get) out of bed!! And you could even do it with me!

The End. . . for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4,015 Days

Ten years. Well, in reality, we're talking more like eleven. Ten years in the sense that ten years ago today my ex-husband walked out on me and the girls. Eleven in that there has been a lot that happened from 2004 until now. It's a long time, but it really isn't. It seems like so long, but it seems like it flew by. A lot has happened in the past eleven years. I feel a bit overwhelmed as I sit here and think back. It has been a long, winding, and rough road. So many ups and way too many downs. I had two kids, a marriage and divorce. I lost two brothers, which took my feet right out from under me. Got engaged, broke off said engagement. Battled depression. Got in shape and fell in love with CrossFit (It's my therapy). Raised two girls through their single digit years. Went through 2 cats, 2 turtles, are on our 3rd and 4th birds. Moved 3 times in less than 2 years, having lived at our current residence for 10 years now. Along with a variety of other things. This...

I Can't Stop Crying

After I put the girls to bed tonight, I turned on a Pandora station to help them fall asleep. Later on I was working on laundry in my bedroom when I heard this song come on in the living room. I stopped everything, went in, sat on the couch, and wept. Caleb really liked this guy, and we played this song at the calling hours. It's such a fitting song for where he is now. Someone told me it was like Caleb sent me that song tonight to know he's doing great in heaven. Unfortunately now I cannot stop crying. It's like it broke open the flood gates and the pain is flowing out. My heart is breaking, and I can't make it stop. I can't fix it. I can feel the ache in my heart. I keep remembering the last good visit I had with Caleb in the hospital, and how we just didn't see it coming. Bitter tears over one person's careless actions that took his life. I know, I KNOW that if it wasn't Caleb's time to go, God wouldn't have taken him home. But it still hu...

The Things that Come with Mourning

My amazing, wonderful, Godly, and dear brother Caleb died on Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 10:35am. My parents 33rd wedding anniversary and the day before Courtney's 9th birthday. My heart is crushed. I know that he is in heaven, and I am praising the Lord at this. I have peace and joy. But right now I am mourning his earthly departure. I miss him so very much. I'm straining my memory to hear his voice. I'm helping my daughters grieve. I'm watching them try to process and deal with this, and it is breaking my heart. Some things I am learning about mourning. You really just don't care about things. Like laundry. I realized I desperately need to do laundry. I also don't care. Maybe I'll do it. Maybe I'll just not. Although I REALLY need to do it. Eating is another one. Or really just remembering to eat. Or making myself eat. I forget that I'm hungry until my stomach hurts. Or I'm just not hungry at all. I made myself eat dinner last night, an...