Skip to main content

Tenth Avenue North - Worn



I feel like an emotional roller coaster. I feel like I'm happy one minute, and then the next something brings me to tears. I sat down to do my devotions this morning, and it seemed like everything was against me. Phone ringing, kids needing me for something, mind wandering. I finally got my peace and quiet and dove in.

 I am so excited as I am starting a 90 day study on the life of Jesus. I finished one on David, and loved it. At the end of today's it asked a few questions that really made me just stop and think. What do I hope to experience at Jesus' feet? What am I bringing that needs healing? What emptiness or brokenness needs mending? Tears began to fall. What do you want to say to Him at the outset of this journey? Prayer began to pour out. Part of my heart has been dealing with the some of the feelings I had not addressed from sitting at the hospital watching Caleb slip away. Anger. Anger that God would let this all happen. Questioning. What if God isn't real. Then Caleb is just gone. Just no more. What is there that makes me so sure that God is? At the end of the chapter in the book Mended that I am reading in my devotional time, she said that one essential truth is that He is who He says He is. Repeat that. HE IS who He says HE IS. In my emotions that morning, I may have questioned those things, but I knew. I knew He was there. I was mad, and I was mentally lashing out.

As worn as I am right now, my faith is stronger than ever. I hear this song and know that I will see redemption win. I know this struggle will end, and that my heart will be mended. I know that there are good and bad days. I know that times will be crushingly hard. And I know that I get through each suffocating trial in life. God at my side, holding me up. I know that I look back and say "Look at what God has brought us through. Look at how we have stayed strong. That is all God."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4,015 Days

Ten years. Well, in reality, we're talking more like eleven. Ten years in the sense that ten years ago today my ex-husband walked out on me and the girls. Eleven in that there has been a lot that happened from 2004 until now. It's a long time, but it really isn't. It seems like so long, but it seems like it flew by. A lot has happened in the past eleven years. I feel a bit overwhelmed as I sit here and think back. It has been a long, winding, and rough road. So many ups and way too many downs. I had two kids, a marriage and divorce. I lost two brothers, which took my feet right out from under me. Got engaged, broke off said engagement. Battled depression. Got in shape and fell in love with CrossFit (It's my therapy). Raised two girls through their single digit years. Went through 2 cats, 2 turtles, are on our 3rd and 4th birds. Moved 3 times in less than 2 years, having lived at our current residence for 10 years now. Along with a variety of other things. This...

I Can't Stop Crying

After I put the girls to bed tonight, I turned on a Pandora station to help them fall asleep. Later on I was working on laundry in my bedroom when I heard this song come on in the living room. I stopped everything, went in, sat on the couch, and wept. Caleb really liked this guy, and we played this song at the calling hours. It's such a fitting song for where he is now. Someone told me it was like Caleb sent me that song tonight to know he's doing great in heaven. Unfortunately now I cannot stop crying. It's like it broke open the flood gates and the pain is flowing out. My heart is breaking, and I can't make it stop. I can't fix it. I can feel the ache in my heart. I keep remembering the last good visit I had with Caleb in the hospital, and how we just didn't see it coming. Bitter tears over one person's careless actions that took his life. I know, I KNOW that if it wasn't Caleb's time to go, God wouldn't have taken him home. But it still hu...

The Fried Brain of a Single Mom

With the school year having started, trying to catch up on my house and editing, and then our normal church/work/social life, I am too drained to make my brain function enough to write a compelling, interesting, or legible blog entry. I'm looking around my house right now thinking "I should probably work on a few areas tomorrow. Before it gets out of hand." Just thinking that makes my brain hurt. For example, I spent most of Thursday sitting on the couch or floor, computer in my lap, editing pictures. Then I managed to feed my kids, send them off to my Aunt's house, went to the gym, took a shower, and ended up staring at the window thinking "I should do. . ." *endless list running through my head. So I went to bed early instead. Friday the girls did school, I did dishes, laundry, general getting ready for a busy work weekend things, and then was gone until about 11:30pm. Work was insane and we didn't leave until over an hour after we closed. I had to...