Skip to main content

Life Gets a Little Crazy

I feel like sleeping, not blogging, so this will be a bit more rushed than normal. It's been so long since I've posted anything, I just felt that it was about time I caught up (not that anyone really cares. Haha).
    Being sick got me behind in everything from laundry and dishes to sleep and school work with the girls. . . and editing photos. Now life has been full of catching up and cleaning up.
    I found the cure to Courtney's inability to sleep before I go to bed. Constant music. I found a Disney lullaby cd at the library, and have been playing it all night in their room. Courtney sleeps so much better, which means I sleep much better!
     My photography session scheduling went crazy the past 2 months and I have been struggling to keep up with all the editing. The editing takes lots of time. Here's an example: I sat for 3 hours straight just color correcting wedding pictures. You would normally think "WOW!! She probably got a whole lot done!" Nope. Only about 73 pictures. I have about 6 times that many wedding pictures to go through total. Then I have 2 family sessions and 2 senior sessions to edit. *sigh*
    The fuel pump on my car randomly decided to stop working last week. I've been driving my dad's '86 Ford F-250 since. I love that truck. . . except for the fact that because it is diesel (and only gets 14 mpg at best), it is costing me a small fortune to drive. Really hoping to get my car fixed soon.
    OH!! I got Jenna Hooked on Phonics for K-2nd grade! All brand new, unopened, for $35 total! So excited! She's "pumped" to learn to read. That is what she told me. "I'm so pumped to learn to read!".
    One note to end on. During his message this morning, Pastor Dennis said something that really resounded in me. In the spiritual kingdom peasants are equal to kings. In the reality of eternity, your job title doesn't mean anything. Your education level. Your income. We are all here with the same mission. We are all called to different things to witness to those we work with, live around, and encounter in life. I'm a waitress. I'm a photographer. I'm a . . . jewelry maker. I'm a mom. Those aren't who I am, and they do not define me. Jobs only last for a season. I used to be a firefighter and EMT. If I made that my identity, I wouldn't have an identity anymore. If my identity switched to "waitress" or "photographer" or "mom" I wouldn't be ME anymore. "Whatever you do, do for the glory of God."
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4,015 Days

Ten years. Well, in reality, we're talking more like eleven. Ten years in the sense that ten years ago today my ex-husband walked out on me and the girls. Eleven in that there has been a lot that happened from 2004 until now. It's a long time, but it really isn't. It seems like so long, but it seems like it flew by. A lot has happened in the past eleven years. I feel a bit overwhelmed as I sit here and think back. It has been a long, winding, and rough road. So many ups and way too many downs. I had two kids, a marriage and divorce. I lost two brothers, which took my feet right out from under me. Got engaged, broke off said engagement. Battled depression. Got in shape and fell in love with CrossFit (It's my therapy). Raised two girls through their single digit years. Went through 2 cats, 2 turtles, are on our 3rd and 4th birds. Moved 3 times in less than 2 years, having lived at our current residence for 10 years now. Along with a variety of other things. This...

The Things that Come with Mourning

My amazing, wonderful, Godly, and dear brother Caleb died on Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 10:35am. My parents 33rd wedding anniversary and the day before Courtney's 9th birthday. My heart is crushed. I know that he is in heaven, and I am praising the Lord at this. I have peace and joy. But right now I am mourning his earthly departure. I miss him so very much. I'm straining my memory to hear his voice. I'm helping my daughters grieve. I'm watching them try to process and deal with this, and it is breaking my heart. Some things I am learning about mourning. You really just don't care about things. Like laundry. I realized I desperately need to do laundry. I also don't care. Maybe I'll do it. Maybe I'll just not. Although I REALLY need to do it. Eating is another one. Or really just remembering to eat. Or making myself eat. I forget that I'm hungry until my stomach hurts. Or I'm just not hungry at all. I made myself eat dinner last night, an...